While celebrating with family, we were asked to be ready to share 10 things we were thankful for.
1.I am thankful for my Creator GOD's foreknowledge that I would belong to Him. Eph. 1:4 says, "Before the world was, I knew you." I can't thank Him enough for His saving Grace and Mercy. It makes me ponder, have I always existed even if only in the past mind of Almighty GOD? Then I Cor. 2:7 says, "GOD destined our glory before time began!" Praise you again and again, LORD GOD that I will be with You for Eternity!
2. I am thankful that Forgiveness is Forever! Micah 7:19 says, "Our sins are cast into the depths of the sea and remembered no more." So should we be with one another as we strive to be more like Christ. In the LORD's Prayer, He said, "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who have trespassed against us. (Matt. 6:12) It is a lesson that we forgive, forget, and never bring up again or it truly was never forgiven. I would hate to think if our GOD were to treat us in the same manner.
3. I am thankful for family, especially 2 new members this year, Megan and Jerry. GOD again has "predestined us in love to be adopted as His sons (and daughters) through Jesus Christ." Eph. 1:5 The Family of GOD is the best family ever!
4. I am thankful for my friends. Proverbs 18:24 says, "True friends stick closer than a brother (or sister.)" My thought is, "True friendship is not what you can get out of it, but what you can contribute to it!"
5. I am so thankful for the constant work the LORD has given to me my entire life! 42 years of work!
3 1/2 years Neisner's dept store (Junior/Senior year high school, 1 1/2 yr after)
3 1/2 years at my college. If I wasn't in class, I was processing books in the Library
1 year at Haverhill Baptist Day school (right after college)
6 years for Monroe County (right after the Day school)
1 year at the Duval Home for special need students
1/2 year substitute teaching in my current county.
25 1/2 years same county up until retirement!
6. I am so thankful for retirement after 42 years straight from my Junior year in High School right up until this passed June 1st! Now the need for rest! Numbers 8:25 says, "...they must retire from their regular service and work no longer." Even though this speaks of the Levite priests who were constantly involved in moving the tabernacle, it is a word for us today as well, probably more so with the stress that is associated with today's fast paced world. Stress is known to be the #1 cause of blood pressure, high cholesterol, and even some cancers. Since I have retired, my blood pressure has dropped as well as my cholesterol! I now can participate in things I never could before: spending hours in my home Bible reading and prayer journal, Attending Bible studies with fellow Christian ladies, meeting out for brunch with different friends who have retired before me or the ladies in the church. What a blessing the LORD is giving to me!
7. I am so thankful to the LORD that we had no hurricanes this year. He stayed them all out in the Atlantic upward to the cold oceans where they dissipated. Matt 8:23-27 speaks of where Jesus rebuked the storm. Thank you, Jesus for rebuking the hurricanes this year!
8. I am so thankful for the protection GOD has given me over all my life, even the protection of my property, house, belongings, and animals. Hebrews 1:14 says, "Are not all Angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation!" Praise you, LORD, for what I can't see: Your protecting Angels around me, lined along my property, even at my doors and windows. Protecting my plumbing and wires in my house, keeping out any intruders. Thank you, Father GOD for loving me so much!
9. I am so thankful for the neighbors I have had for these years. We built first on the culdesac, then George and Lillian's house was built, then Alice and Boddy, and last Linda and her family. We all (but George and Lillian) are the original neighbors for the passed 27 years (George and Lillian for 17 years!) We all are like family. It is such a blessing all know the LORD and actively worship the LORD (except for one.) The LORD says, "Forsake not yourselves to meet together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching!" Hebrews 10:25
10. I'm so thankful the best is yet to come! Revelation 21:1-4 "Then I saw a New Heaven and a New Earth for the first heaven and earth had passed away and there was no more sea. I saw the Holy City, the New Jerusalem coming down out of Heaven from GOD, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the Throne saying, 'Now the dwelling of GOD is with men and He will live with them. They will be His people and GOD Himself will be with them and be their GOD. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or sorrow, or crying or pain; for the old order of things have passed away!'"
Thank you my Awesome, Almighty, Creator, Savior, Holy Father GOD!