Saturday, October 16, 2010

One Powerful Bird!


I have seen many eagles here
in Florida. When in the keys
they would nest in the islands
round about that people could
get to by boat. The mangroves
were so over grown you couldn't
get back to where their nests were.
*
I have seen them here as well in
nests that have been abandon by
some of the fish hawks. It's
amazing to watch them
feed their young from the
lakes that surround our area!
*
It's so grand to watch them as
they soar above the area on
hot air pockets. They all of
a sudden will hit one and
it pushes them up like a
sling shot!

2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Susan,
Thanks for coming by and leaving your Thankful
Thursday thoughts. Thanks for praying for Mary,
she really needs a miracle.

I know Eagles are such majestic creatures, and neat that they are talked about in the Bible too. That is another reason they are probably our national symbol. What a paint job these folks do, simply amazing!!

Have a good day tomorrow, hopefully, will see you at church,
Love ya, Nellie

Janet said...

Hi Susie

We have Eagles here where I live. I cannot believe it. We just need to go out of town a little ways. I really love to watch birds and I want to see a Eagle.

Hope you are enjoying your school year. You have been called to work with the children. I wish you were closer because I would love for you to be one of my grandchildrens teachers.

Have a good week!
Blessings
Janet