Saturday, April 2, 2011

Jesus Wept


The Weeping Willow tree's leaves are

so prominent. It reminds me of a

horse's tail flowing in the

gentle breeze.

*

I've often wondered why it is called

a "weeping" willow. I guess it's

because of its hanging branches

reaching toward the ground; as does

our tears when they flow down.

*

However, tears can be joyful as well

as in sorrow. How sorrowful it must

have been when Christ wept for those

that His message fell upon deaf ears.

His WORD rejected. His tears could

see what those people could not,

Eternal separation from GOD in

the Hereafter.

*

Praise our LORD, GOD, and Savior;

we will have tears of joy! When that

trumpet sound comes from the

Shofar, our tears of sorrow will be

wiped away by our Savior Himself

and we will have no more sorrow

of a fallen world; only the JOY that

we now can not know!

*

I choose to think of the Weeping

Willow tree to be like that of the

horse's tail, flowing in the breeze of

contentment!

*

Thank you, Jesus that You allowed

me to be one of Your few to hear

of Your Salvation, accept Your

Invitation, and receive Your Gift

of Eternal Life.

1 comment:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Amen!! Very nice post!
I love weeping willow trees, I think they are so pretty, but I love the gift of salvation .....
way more! It is the gift that keeps on giving all year long and into eternity!!

Have a good weekend,
Love ya, Nellie