Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hurricane Irene, 2011.



It looks like a galaxy swirling in space.

But it's not, it's a devastating storm on earth's face.






The horror inside a galaxy's black hole

Is just the opposite of Irene's peace to behold.


What makes the bands of the galaxy safe,

When the bands of Irene ravages every place?


The destruction that occurs when galaxies collide

Is beyond imagination until seen by man's eyes.


Irene's collision with earth's land mass

Brings once more a hurricane's past.


Clean up begins

With prayer that it ends.


Yet two more have formed

And we pray they bring no more harm!

Susan Todd


I pray for those who have lost everything, especially

loved ones. May the Love of the LORD and His Church

assist all they can to help these people who need our

love, support, and help.



1 comment:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Susan,
Liked your poem! Yes, I so feel and pray for all those up in the devastated places. Terrible!
Brings back memories of charlie and what it was like for us afterwards. No power for about a week, and then the long arduous clean up, and
ugly devastated yard, that you think will never ever look good again..........but God!!
and then 2 more storms coming right afterwards.
I am so hoping that low out in the gulf doesn't ever form cause Jimmy thinks it will probably come across Florida the way the steering currents are..........Will sure be praying about that.
Ran into your friend Joan from school yesterday in the dollar store, thought she looked familiar, so said so, and she said I was thinking the same thing, and I said do you work at Timbercrest elementary and she said yes, and I said I think I met you at Susan's retirement party and she said that's it!! She is a nice
lady..........

Well, have a good day, I am going back to bed.
Just got up for a bit to put my ice collar on
cause my neck is acting up, just went to Dr.
Wells yesterday, so guess I am readjusting!! lol

Love ya, Nellie