Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Prayers for the Northeast!

 
May the Lord hold in His arms every one in the northeast who have been in the path of Hurricane Sandy.
 


I pray the country comes together to assist the states that need restoring of the necessities for life and spirit.
*
I remember all of the flooding, downed power lines, debris that had been blown all over when I lived in the Florida Keys. We went through so many hurricanes there! What was so unusual, was when the eye of the hurricane came over us. It went from a deafening wind to complete silence. The silence was almost as deafening as what we had been hearing for 6-8 hours! After living where I am now for 29 years, I had almost forgotten the fear until it occurred here when three in a row happened a few years back. I'm sure many in the northeast had not experienced this before! I know it had to be really fearful for them! May the LORD reveal His purpose in this to those who went through it.
*
Psalm 119:67,75 speaks of discipline, "Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Your WORD...I know, O LORD, that Your judgments are right, and that in faithfulness You have afflicted me."
*
People have one of two routes to go when affliction occurs: they turn to GOD or they turn away from GOD. I pray many, if not all, will turn to Almighty GOD which will bring their renewal even better than it was before. The LORD was surely our anchor that held us to the Solid Rock (Jesus!)


1 comment:

Janet said...

Susan

It is just so hard to see and hear all the devasation that Sandy has caused and for those who have been through it before to relive some of those memories.
You are a great source of comfort. Thank you for being YOU!

Blessings & Love
Janet