Thursday, May 2, 2013

Here's Maxx!

This is my friend, Sylvia's bird, Maxx. Sylvia said she named him after TJ Maxx!
 
 


He is so sweet! As I was talking to him, he was regurgitating some food from his crop. That is a sign they really like you because they want to share their "food" with you! (Yuk! lol!)



I just love the whistles and sounds he makes. My Cuddles (in the other room) would call out and Maxx would respond. They talk back and forth all day long. I keep my dog Dolly in the den with me because she wants to bark every time she hears Maxx. She knows his sound is different! Gracie, Xena, and Sarah have no concerns! I keep Cody and Katy in the den too. Being a year old, they would find Maxx as an interest. So, I haven't given them the opportunity!




Every morning Maxx is so excited to be uncovered. Throughout the day when I walk through the room, he whistles without end until I come over and talk to him!




I don't know why I couldn't get the last two pictures to enlarge, sorry. Clicking on them wouldn't bring up the choice bar. Oh well!

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Again,
Yes, I see what you mean about her
coloring.......Arlene had a cockatiel
and he had very orange spots on the side of his head, Maxx just looks
all yellow, maybe the one with the orange spots is the female, otherwise, they gave Maxx a guy name! Maybe they should be calling it
Maxine..............lol

Have a good day,
Love ya, Nellie

sistersusiesays said...

I know Cuddles is a male (from the vet who tested him years ago.) If you look on the sidebar of my blog you will see how orange his patch is! That's what makes me think Maxx should be rename Maxine like you said, LOL! You are good with names, ha!
Love you too, Susan

Janet said...

Susan

Loved the pictures of you and the bird. I would love to hear the birds talking to each other. I bet they kept you entertained.

Blessings & Love
Janet