Thursday, September 12, 2013

Missouri and the Arch

 
I just realized you can see the pictures in FULL if you click on the pictures! It surely makes it for better viewing!!
 

From Memphis, Tennessee we went through Arkansas to Missouri.



It didn't take very long until we came to the Missouri Arch!



It was much bigger (taller) than I thought (as you will see in the following pictures!)
 

I think my postcard collection has more of Missouri than the other places I visited!



The picture below is one of my pictures! As you can see, the people look like "ants" compared to the height of the Arch!



Before going up in the Arch we looked at the history of building it that was displayed in wooden carved murals!  They were really unique! Some of my pictures didn't turn out due to the lighting, it made them turn out red!



Here I stand in front of one. I can't believe that the Arch was started back in the late 1800's!



Alice, myself, and Brenda after we got out of the "little" car that brought us and two others to the top of the Arch.



You can see we reached the top just at sunset! This is a picture of Missouri from the top of the Arch!

2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Susan,
Just saw your post........
That last picture at Sunset from the Arch is fabulous. All nice pics!
If I remember correctly that ride up in the arch is quite the ride, at first it was a bit scary, and I thought hope this thing is operating correctly...........lol
The Arch is such a fascinating and
beautiful structure and yes, huge!
Glad you got to see it.........

Guess they will be there to do your garage door in another few hours or so. Know you will be happy to have that done..........lol

Have a great day hon,
Love ya, Nellie

Janet said...

Susan

I have been by the arch but never has been in it. Looks quite interesting!

Thanks for sharing your trip!

Blessings & Love
Janet