Thursday, July 20, 2017

Jesus Prays For His Disciples


John 17:6-19, Jesus continues His prayer to His Father, "I have revealed to those whom You gave Me out of the world. They know everything You have given Me comes from You. I gave them the Words You gave Me and they accepted them. They know with certainty that I came from You. I PRAY FOR THEM. I Am not praying for the world, but for those You gave Me for they are Yours. All I have is Yours and all You have is Mine. Glory has come to Me through them. I will remain in the world no longer, I Am coming to You, Father. They are still in the world, protect them by the power of Your Name, the Name You gave Me, so they may be as one as We are One. My prayer is that You not take them out of the world, but protect them from the evil one. They are not of this world as I Am not of this world. Sanctify them by the Truth, Your WORD. I sanctify Myself that they too may be sanctified."

This prayer of Jesus is also for us today for we too are chosen by Him. Jesus says in John 15:16, "You did not choose Me, but I chose You." Each one who has salvation in Jesus has Jesus to thank! For, in Ephesians 1:4-5, it says, "For He (Jesus) chose us in Him before creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In Love He predestined us to be adopted as His sons (and daughters) through Jesus Christ in accordance to His pleasure and will." Accepting Jesus' call to salvation is so simple a child can understand! Confess you are a sinner and ask Jesus Christ to forgive you of your sins and begin living your life in Him. His Holy Spirit will enter you and confirm your salvation in our Awesome, Almighty, Creator, Savior, Holy Father GOD! Amen!

No comments: