Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hodge-Podge Saturday


Goodies from over the years!
The blessings of teaching come
from the appreciation of the
parents and students; not just
from gifts, but even more so the
cards and notes I have gotten
over the years.




The candle holders I bought from
Hallmark. The candles inside
are from the children I have
taught. The birds are gifts I
have received from them too.
The father duck has his "arms"
opened wide for the mother
duck and ducklings around
the pond. It reminds me of
our Heavenly Father's Arms
opened wide for those He
has saved to His Kingdom.




Snow globes have always been
popular. I have several here in
this blog. The carousel of horses
on top and the angel globe above.
*
Whether objects or beautiful words
written on cards and notes, they
will remain with me forever in
my heart!

4 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

MORNING SUSAN,
YOUR STUENTS HAVE REALLY BLESSED YOU WITH TONS OF GOODIES OVER THE YEARS HAVEN'T THEY, AND I AM SURE MANY NICE CARDS AND NOTES. WHAT A BLESSING THAT IS.
HOPE YOU ARE FEELING MORE RESTED BY NOW. OH,WE
LISTENED TO THE GAITHER CD YESTERDAY AND WE BOTH REALLY ENJOYED IT!! I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER TO BRING IT TO YOU TOMORROW.
HAVE A NICE WEEKEND HON,
LOVE YA, NELLIE

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

What wonderful gifts of appreciation, Susan. They will be meaningful all your life. It is great to be appreciated for your fine work, I know you are very deserving of them all!

Love, Bonnie

Janet said...

What very thoughtful students and parents to present you with such beautiful gifts.

Love your candleholders.

I am a real card person and keep all mine so I can look back on them.

Have a good week!
Blessings & Hugs
Janet