Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hodge-Podge Saturday


I have been busy this week cataloging my
movies for donation to my public library.
*
There were 195 VHS tapes in excellent
condition.
*
Above you see 324 DVD's! Of course I kept
my 2 John Wayne movies, Space Cowboys,
Forrest Gump, March of the Penguins, The
Bear (a mom and her two cubs), Lion
King, and Lord of the Rings series.
*
The sad thing I see is the money I spent on
these movies over the years. Of course most
were bought on sale. The Good thing is
I will have a good tax deduction since
everyone's taxes will be going up
beginning the 1st of 2011!
*
Later this month I will be gathering my
Christian fiction books and donate them
to my church. I also have many duplicated
CD's of Christian music. When mom and
I went to Gospel concerts, we didn't realize
we were buying the same CD'S!!
*
So, it will now be easier to dust a flat
surface than a bumpy one, lol!

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

MORNING SUSAN,
I CAN SEE YOU HAVE BEEN A BUSY GIRL. IT SURE TAKES TIME DOESN'T IT, BUT IT IS SUCH A GOOD FEELING TO GET IT DONE. I HAVE TO GET BACK TO MY MAGAZINES NEXT WEEK, DIDN'T GET TO DO ANY THIS WEEK.
CLEANING OUT DOES MAKE REGULAR CLEANING MUCH EASIER THAT IS FOR SURE!!
HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND,
LOVE YA, NELLIE

Janet said...

Susie

You have been busy. You do have quite a collection. I wish I had some energy to clean more. Last Thursday I cleaned a lot and now that is the last thing I want to do. We are just resting and relaxing!

Have a great weekend!
Blessings
Janet

Bonnie said...

How nice that you are getting it all sorted out and making donations. I need to do the same with the old video tapes. I love my DVDs though, have to hang on to them. Jim built us a case just for them to keep them in alpha order and easily accessible.

It does feel so good to declutter though. It is very freeing isn't it?

Have a great day, Susan!

With love,

Bonnie