Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kitty Heaven



Mo Cat came to us on his own.
He was about 3 months old.
Mom named him. Since our
dog's name was Skeeter, mom
named our new kitty, Mo. If you
call the cat first, then the dog;
You have Mo Skeeter. Get it?
You know...like in the insect
mosquito?



Mo didn't stay home very much.
But, after mom had taken him
to the vet one day while I was
at school, he never left our yard
again. It wasn't until years
later that I understood why!



Mo could be found just about
anywhere in our yard. One of his
favorite places was a pot mom
had left out for dad to put his
filleted fish in.
*
One day I found him in the back
yard laying in the grass. He
kept flinching like electric
static was traveling under
his body. It was then I realized
he was laying on a grass snake.
Every time the snake would move,
it would make him jump. The
snake would just about slither
away from him and he'd reach
out with a claw and pull it back!
I felt so bad for the snake! It was
then that I realized why we had
dead snakes in our yard. When
Mo finished "playing" with them
he would kill them! This day I
made Mo leave it along by taking
this "bad" little kitty into the house!



When dad backed the boat into the
yard, Mo was always there. He
knew to go to the outside sink
dad had for cutting up his fish.
He would always give Mo some
of the raw fish. Little did Mo
realize he was getting sushi!




Mo had had a life of any cat's
dreams! In his older years he
began to get cataracts. He
loved to just lay in the early
morning sunshine. We moved
from the Keys taking Mo with us,
of course. He had started to have
mini seizures which soon became
pretty significant and frequent.
My heart broke when we had to
have him put to sleep, but he
couldn't live in any quality of
of life.
*
Mo live for 16 years, most in the
Florida Keys with the "Life of
Riley" as the saying goes. I
know he's in Kitty Heaven
and I'm sure I will see him
again as Romans 8:21-22 says
"Because the creature itself
also shall be delivered from
the bondage of corruption
into the Glorious Liberty
of the Children of God."

1 comment:

Janet said...

Susie
I love your kitty story. What a wonderful friend you must have had. Our cat Miles that we had to put down 4 years was black and white too.

Hope you have had a good week!
Blessings & Hugs
Janet