Saturday, December 31, 2011

Winter is Here!





My roses are just as pretty now as those above! We have had just enough cold (no freeze) to make them bloom out. These are located next to my house yet in the direct sunlight (they stay warm from the concrete walls emitting heat after the sun goes down.) I have had these rose bushes so long, I don't remember the name. They start out with a bright orange bud, changing to a light orange then pink as the bud opens. Just before the petals fall, they change to a cream, then white! I have never seen so many colors one rose can have! What a view for the New Year!

*

Happy New Year to you and yours!

1 comment:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Girlie,
I have always loved those roses, they are some of the prettiest roses I have ever seen. Love your new header picture, so pretty and perfect for Winter. Well, Happy New Year! Can hardly believe it is almost here!
Looking forward to what the Lord has for us this year.................
Love ya, Nellie