Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Love of Friendship

 
 
 
I retired from teaching going on three years ago and the number of friends (and family) that were there had my heart in joy overdrive! Many of them I had taught with for over 23 years! I have brunch dates set each month with a special friend every month. I stood beside her as she married the man of her love!
                                       *
The English language only has one word for "love," however there are many different kinds of love. One kind of love is for friends and extended family. Another kind of love is husbands and their wives. But, the greatest kind of Love is God's Love for His redeemed! I pray your know personally this greatest Love of our Creator that lasts throughout all Eternity! 



2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Beautifully said, Susie! I am thankful for our friendship. Have you completely recovered from your fall now? I cannot believe it has been nearly 3 years already since you retired. Time is flying by, my friend! Love to you and your animals! Bonnie

sistersusiesays said...

Hello my dear friend, Bonnie! My hand is doing well! My "pinky" finger has just a little bit to go! But, praise our GOD I have not had any pain with it at all!!!
I praise the LORD continually that I had no broken bones, no damaged nerves or tendons, and most of all, no amputated digits! Every time I look at my hand, I thank my LORD GOD!

Time! I look to the future wondering how long it's going to take for an event to get here. Today is in and of itself. But, when I look at the past, it's like where in the world did the years go, lol!!!

I guess the saying is true, "The older you get, the faster time goes!"

I praise our LORD GOD for our friendship as well! I can't thank Nellie enough for leading me into blogging and to your blog site!
Love to you and yours, Susie