Thursday, February 16, 2017

Jesus Is the Gate



John 10:7-21, "Jesus said again, 'I tell you the truth, I Am the gate for the sheep. All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I Am the gate, whoever enters through Me will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy; I have come that they may have life and and have it to the full. (In abundance) I Am the good Shepherd Who lays down His life for His sheep. The hired hand does not own the sheep. So when the wolf comes, he abandons the sheep. Then the wolf attacks the sheep and scatters them. The man runs away because he does not care about the sheep. I (Jesus) know my sheep and my sheep know Me. Just as the Father knows Me, I know the Father and lay down My life for the sheep. The Father Loves Me because I lay down My life for the sheep. I (Jesus) lay it down of My own accord and I have the authority to to take it up again. This command I received from My Father.' At these words the Jews were again divided. Many of them said, 'He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to Him?' But others said, 'These are not the words of a demon. Demons cannot open the eyes of the blind.' "

In this parable, the saved are portrayed as "sheep" knowing the voice of their Shepherd. They follow Him in and out of the gate. The Holy Spirit is GOD's voice to the saved. Upon salvation, the Holy Spirit enters, leading, guiding, and directing our lives. We have to be willing to accept His leadership. This is why Jesus laid down His life upon the Cross where He bore all of our sins. But He took up His life again when He rose from the dead. Only those who belong to Him will enter the Gate of Heaven. It's not by "good works" but by the forgiveness of our sins by Christ Jesus that we are given eternal life in Him. Jesus said, "I Am the way, the truth, and the life. NO ONE comes to the Father but through Me." (John 14:6)

Have you come to Christ Jesus for salvation? It only takes your prayer of asking Him to forgive you of your sins and to come into your heart. He will then be your Shepherd, leading you in this life. He will guide you through the gate of this life into Eternity with Him forever and ever. 

No comments: