Thursday, June 1, 2017

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit



John 14:15-31, "If you love Me (Jesus), you will obey what I command. I will ask My Father and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever - the Spirit of Truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees nor knows Him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and is in you...On that day you will realize I Am in My Father and you are in Me and I Am in you. Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me. He who loves Me will be Loved by My Father, and I too will Love him and show myself to him.' Then Judas (not Iscariot) said, 'But, LORD, why do You intent to show Yourself to us and not the world?' Jesus replied, 'He who does not love Me will not obey My teaching. The Counselor, the Holy Spirit Whom the Father will send in My Name will teach you all things and will remind you everything I have said. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. I Am going away and I Am coming back to you. I o exactly what My Father has commanded Me to do.' 

The word,Trinity, is not found in the Bible, but the concept is. GOD the Father, GOD the Son, and GOD the Holy Spirit is Who Christians call the Trinity; GOD in three persons. Just as we have been made in the image of GOD, we each have an individual personality (our individual dispositions and attitudes). We each have a body of flesh. We each have a spiritual nature (which is dead until made alive by salvation in Jesus Christ). GOD the Father's personality is pure and hates sin. Jesus is GOD in the flesh to be the penalty for mankind's sins. He was perfect without sin, yet became sin for us by taking all our sins upon Him while on the Cross. The Holy Spirit is GOD Who enters every believing Christian who has accepted His dying for our sins. Are you three different individuals? NO! We cannot separate ourselves as GOD can. Death will separate the body and spirit.  Praise our Awesome, Almighty, Creator, Savior, Holy Father GOD we will be resurrected with a new Body that will be eternal like Jesus' Body was, is, and forever will be. What a change is coming!!! Those knowing the LORD Jesus GOD will never know sin again! He will wipe every tear from our eyes.

The significance of 3

GOD: 1. Father 2. Son (Jesus) 3. Holy Spirit
Mankind: 1. Personality 2. Body of flesh 3. Spirit (dead until brought alive through salvation in Jesus Christ.)
There is coming: 1. New Heaven 2. New Earth 
3. New Jerusalem 
Final judgments: 1. Fallen Angels - banished to the Lake of Fire forever 2. Judgment Seat of Christ - Christians for rewards 3. The Great White Throne Judgment - the unbelievers to receive eternal judgment and then banished to the Lake of Fire.

Significance of 2
The Son 2. Jesus Christ is the only Way to Heaven 2. Man's body is to be changed to be like Christ's Body at the Rapture 2. The old earth (and heavens) will pass away and the New Earth be the dwelling place of Almighty GOD and His Chosen from all ages 2. Judgment Seat of Christ will reward Christians for eternity in Heaven with Almighty GOD.

Significance of 1
1. GOD the Father has always existed, there is no other! He will abide with His chosen forever.
1. Man will have new personalities that will be nothing like this fallen world's sinful attitudes.
1. Heaven will come to the New Earth and GOD will be our GOD for eternity.
1. GOD's heavenly angels will be our servants.

Do you know Jesus as you Savior? It's very simple. 1. GOD is perfect. Admit you are a sinner. 2. Truthfully ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins. 3. His Holy Spirit will enter and you will begin to change your ways by His leading.
Don't wait for no one is guaranteed their next breath!

No comments: