Monday, March 1, 2010

For the Love of God: Part 6



I had taught for six years in the public system
before resigning for reason of moving. Before
I resigned, I had sold my new trailer to a couple
for $500.00 and they had the mortgage signed
over to them. My parents were in the process of
selling out all of their properties and relocating
to where I now live. We had lived in our previous
location for 25 years. My uncle had planned on
selling his estate in Memphis, Tennessee and
moving in with us after we had the house built.
*
God's plans were different. My uncle had become
so distraught over the death of my aunt (and he
being in his mid 80's) had succomb to a heart
attack and let go of life. His estate had originally
been left in my name due to the love and loss of
his only child, a daughter; but was changed over
to my parents in the comfort of knowing they
could handle the challenges that would come
with settling an estate. At this point, a smaller
home was chosen due to not needing the
space for an extra adult.




We moved into a rental house while our new home
was being built. I had gotten a job with a private
organization, teaching mental and Physically
challenged students and adults. It was
definitely an experience I would
never forget. The next year
would bring challenges
to myself as well.
*
More to come...

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi susie,

A belated happy birthday to you! I finally got your blog address on my blogroll so I can see when you have updates now. I have read through your story and it is really neat. I love it when children get a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ early in their lives. It shapes all their choices and offers so much protection.

I noticed you just have my blogging blog listed here but that one is not my main one. You can find me day to day blogging on http://bonsblogbydesign.blogspot.com

Come by for a visit sometime. You just never, know what is on my mind on any given day. My husband says he thinks it is like a newspaper column, if it is on my mind and heart it seems to find it's way to my blog.

I am glad you got to celebrate your birthday with Nellie and Jimmy and their family. What a great bunch of special people they are.

Blessings to you Susie!

Bonnie

Bonnie said...

Whoops, Hi Susie with a capital S!