Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Rose by Another Name



The roses are just so pretty, however I still can't
find any at the beginning or ending stage!!! This
light orange is just before it turns pink, then white.
*
As I was taking the pictures a beautiful red
necked hummingbird came right up to the flower
next to this one. The buzz of its wings was just
an amazingly loud hum (therefore its name,
ha!) As I raised my hand to take its picture,
it just as quickly left. I guess I startled it!
*
I thought I wouldn't see any since they gathered
around my hibiscus that the freeze destroyed.
I guess the LORD has let me know they are
still here around my roses!



I wish I remembered the name of this variety
of rose. It has so many different colors.
It's like each one has its own "fingerprint!" This
particular rose's petals started turning pink on the
bottom row and worked its way to the top.




I may have shown this picture before. I
had these plants a few years ago and I
just love the "trumpets" of this beautiful
orange/pink flower!
*
Spring starts tomorrow! I'm ready to start
cutting back my hibiscus, powder puff,
bougainvilla, and my night jasmine.
By mid summer, I should have many
beautiful flowers!
*
I think of these beautiful flowers as God's
gift of Love to me each day. His Love
overflows when He blesses me to
see His beautiful hummingbirds
that visit His flora!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Susie

It looks like you have a green thumb. Very pretty roses and I like the trumpets too.

I love hummingbirds and when we had our feeder up we enjoyed watching them.

We feed the squirrels and the birds so I am looking forward to that .

Thanks for the sharing the lovely pictures.

Blessings & Hugs Janet

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi girlie,
How had your week been?? Love those roses, they are so gorgeous. Would love to have seen that hummingbird, bet it was so neat, it must have been the ruby throated hummingbird cause you said it had red on it. Those trumpet flowers are so neat too. We got most of our stuff cut back and fertilized but we still have one left to do, and some plants to repot, they are root bound and need to be separated. Thought we were suppose to get some rain yesterday and today, but nothing really, sure looked like we would.
Your St. Patty's day at school, sounded like fun, bet the kids had a ball.
Gotta go, Jim needs to use this computer!
Love ya, Nellie

Janet said...

Miss seeing your posts. Hope all is okay with you.

Blessings & Hugs

Janet