Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

Blooms, blooms, and more blooms!
My citrus trees are in full bloom while it still has
last year's fruit. The record cold we had in
the month of February only made the
fruit sweeter!

The sweet smelling blossoms haven't opened
as yet, but when they do, there's nothing any
better to smell than the fragrance of these
beautiful trees' blossoms! The perfume
just carries all through the air round
about.


Not just the trees, but the wildflowers are all
over this year! I have never seen this flower
before! I guess all of the wind we had in the
beginning of March carried their seeds.It
is everywhere in our community! The
pictures don't give the true beauty
of these lavender flowers. To see
them with your eyes, there is
more density. The picture
can't give the true 3-D.


My back property has a meadow - like terrain.
These flowers again are seen better with
your eye than with this picture.
*
I can hardly wait for my amaryllis to bloom.
Last year one of my older lilies had
4 flowers on its stalk! I'll be sure to
take pictures when they do!
*
Sorry, I have been away so long. I have
been on "overload" and have now
been able to get back to blogging!
Thank you to those who have
been concerned! Until
tomorrow...

2 comments:

Janet said...

Hi Susie

Glad you are fine and were just busy. I am feeling better thanks.

I have a funny story about lemon and orange trees. Being from Nebraska and then from Oregon we had never saw an Orange or Lemon tree. When we drove to the redwoods in California we actually drove into a residental neighborhood so we could see an orange tree. We were just amazed.

Thank you for your beautiful post.

Blessings & Hugs
Janet

Bonnie said...

Don't you just love spring? No matter where you live it seems to be so pretty and hope filled! Happy Easter, Susie! One more year and you can retire! Amazing and exciting!

Hugs, Bonnie