Wednesday, March 3, 2010

For the Love of God: Part 7



In order to get into the public school system,
I needed to start substitute teaching in the
public schools. Upon resigning from the
private school of special needs students, I
started teaching almost daily at the 3
different schools in the area I lived.
I quickly found the school I wanted to
teach and did not substitute at either
of the other two schools anymore and
still was substituting almost daily.
The LORD's blessing came in February
of 1985. The Principal called me in to
meet with the four kindergarten teachers
for an interview. My first day of teaching
began on Valentine's Day! How could my
LORD show me more of His Love than that!!
Thus began my career for the next 25 years
to bring me to the present!



I have had two more principals since my
first. He was an excellent principal to
work for. I happened to know of him
from my church. I was always evaluated by
the assistant principals while under his
leadership. I hated to see him retire, but
God again knew what He was doing.
The principal that took his place was just
as excellent as he had been. I also knew
her from church! Again, I was always
evaluated by the assistant principals.
For 22 years the LORD had so blessed me
to work under Christian principals! I didn't
realize this until recent. The last three years
I have not had the pleasure to be blessed as
I was with my past Christian brother and
sister in Christ. However, my LORD is
True to His blessings, for I again am evaluated
by my assistant principal who is a Christian.
Please pray for him, for recently he was
diagnosed with 4th stage prostate cancer.
When I am praying for him and his family,
the LORD brings to mind "that all things work
for the good to those that Love the LORD."
It makes me reflect on my concerns for
what is happening in the public school system
which has a huge storm approaching from
the horizon.
*
More to come...

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

It is wonderful to see the Lord's hand in what we do in our lives. My husband is a teacher, soon to retire and that storm coming on the horizon has been moving our way for a long, long time. It gets weary after awhile we are eager to move on at this point, but will always pray for divine intervention for His children.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Susan,
Yea, you really have been blessed at all the schools you have taught at here. Christian teachers and principals make a huge difference in the complexion of a school, that is for sure.
That is neat you started on Valentines day too!
Isn't God's timing amazing!!
He is so neat with all that He does!
Hope you had a good day hon. I am pooped cause I did the grocery shopping today, I went to walmart then on the way home I stopped at Publix to get a few things I couldn't get at wally world, so that was nice to have it all done. Friday, I will make the Beef Stroganoff for Saturday. Jim decided he wanted cheesecake again, he liked the one we
had for your birthday with the strawberries
so much. That makes it easy for me!! lol
Knowing him that is probably part of the reason he picked that! lol He is so thoughtful that way.
Well, you have a good day tomorrow.
Love ya, Nellie
See ya on Sat., guess I will let you know what time, we haven't figured that out yet!

Janet said...

Thanks for sharing. I love reading your stories. Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Blessings & Hugs

Janet