Saturday, May 29, 2010

Hodge-Podge Saturday


It's amazing how you go through
different modes with collections.
In the '70's I collected unicorns.
In the '80's it was Collector Plates.
This wall has ocean wildlife.
Again the walls were white in our
house. With mom's passing I painted
the hallway blue to match the ocean
theme. The walls on the side were
of a salmon color. Again the color
changes with how much light is
projected upon the wall.




This is a closer picture of half of
the collection. The poster was
purchased at one of our books
fairs at school back in the '80's.
It matched the plate's theme
perfectly!




My refrigerator collection of magnets.
My neighbor friend is always so kind
to bring me a magnet back from her
travels each year! Some I have made
on my computer that have my pets
on them.





This is my neighbor friend, Alice. On
her 48th birthday, I took her to have
her picture taken. It was a professional
picture studio where they did our
make-up. I always call it our,
"Ebony and Ivory" picture, ha! We have
been good friends for 25 years (since
she and her husband first moved into
their newly built home on the culdesac.
The day they moved in, they had gotten
stuck in the sand in the middle of the
culdesac and I used my dad's 4X4
to pull them out!)
*
God is so good to have His Holy Spirit's
fellowship among His Children!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Hi Susie

Wow you have alot of magnets. I used to have so many on my refrigerator too. But I soon replaced them with Grandkids artwork.

Have a nice long weekend!
Blessings & Hugs Janet

Bonnie said...

I am glad your field day went well and all had fun! Our grandies got out of school yesterday...at least the ones in Utah. Our little Italians have a bit longer to go.

I would love to know who started the refrigerator magnet craze and when? All the houses that I was in for my decorating work rarely produced a naked refrigerator door. It is funny how things like that catch on. Another one is the phone message that everyone leaves on their recorder. With few exceptions they are the same. Sorry we can't come the the phone right now, please leave a message or some slight variation of it. Odd how those things get started, isn't it?

I love the glamor shot of you and your beautiful neighbor. She looks so sweet, how wonderful you have been friends for so long!

Enjoy the three day weekend, Susie!

Blessings, Bonnie