Friday, February 15, 2013

Jerry's 19th Birthday!

I can't believe it has already been 19 years!
I wish I had taken pictures when he was a little fuzz ball in his incubator! I hand fed him from a syringe with a mush I had gotten from my vet (Dr. Miller) who owned Jerry's parent birds. 
*
The picture below was from a previous birthday party I had for him!

Jerry really likes grapes, but he can be very messy when he eats grapes because he scrapes out the meat of the grape slinging the skin wherever it goes!
 


The birds room has a palm tree-beach scene on the two adjacent walls (L shaped.) 


This is an old picture! Jerry liked to sit on my shoulder as mom and I would watch t.v. I just finished telling him, "You behave yourself now!" When he fluffs, he's about to get himself into trouble, ha! Now, when I go into the room to get after Max and his noise, upon entry Jerry now says, "You behave yourself!"

 
Dr. Jeffrey Miller has been one of my vets (particularly my birds) since 1984. He recently passed away from ALS two weeks ago. My pets and I really do miss him already. He had become a great friend over the years. Every time I see Jerry I will remember Jeffrey. Praise our GOD, Jeffrey is with Him now. I as well as many other Christians who knew him will see him again one day in the Presence of our Almighty GOD!
 
 

1 comment:

Janet said...

Susan
I just love to see your birds and hear all their stories. Love the picture of him sitting on your shoulder too.

Blessings & Hugs
janet