Thursday, July 10, 2014

Patience in Abundance!


Patience comes in abundance when you don't let your emotions be in control!

When you get behind a slowpoke and you're creeping along in traffic, take it as a trial from the LORD to strengthen your patience! (It's not His fault you left late from home!) Don't allow Satan to take this opportunity to use the situation to control your impatience! I have found myself purposefully putting myself behind a "snail" driver to show the LORD I do have patience! However, it's not during a time I need to get somewhere quickly, ha! Then in concentrating on my patience, I miss my turn, lol! Is this the LORD's way of telling me He's in control? Laughing with the LORD is a great emotion to have!

Another patience lesson: It never fails when I'm sitting with my lap full of my books with my computer amid it all, studying, the phone rings (and I forgot to bring the portable phone to where I am sitting) or worse, my dogs go crazy barking at someone at the front door! By the time I unload everything, the phone stops ringing, or the person at the front door was only a delivery left at the door! Having patience when you're interrupted is another lesson! It's funny that my dogs can sense my emotions! When something happens and I respond not too happily with, "Well, my dear!" or "Dad gum it!" If they are laying around my feet, they quietly get up and move to another area of the room! The negative vibes from my impatience is felt by them!

Patience in everything has brought me to think about why these things have happened. I have had the experience of being made to wait in traffic; it brought my safety! If I had been down the road sooner, I would have been in the auto accident that occurred ahead of me! GOD has His timing for you to be where you are, when you are, and why you are there! We may never know why (in this life) the LORD has had us to wait!

Patience in answers to our prayers needs to be given over to our Almighty GOD. There have been testimonies by family members that their loved one's prayer they have prayed for many years was not answered until after their death! Never stop praying.  You will see your prayers answered on this side of Heaven or on the other side!

John 14:14, "Whatsoever you ask in My Name, believing, that I will do." Jesus told us He will answer our prayer, He didn't say when He would answer it.


When your patience is tested, recognize it as a test, then through prayer respond to it in the strength of the LORD not your own!



No comments: