Thursday, May 18, 2017

Jesus Predicts Peter's Denial

John 13:31-38, "When (Judas) was gone, Jesus said, 'Now is the Son of Man glorified and GOD is glorified. If GOD is glorified in Him, GOD will glorify the Son in Himself and will glorify Him at once. Children, I will be with you for only a little longer...just as I told the Jews, I tell you now where I Am going you cannot come. A new commandment I give to you to love one another as I have loved you. By this all men will know you are My disciples, if you have love one for another.' Simon Peter asked Him, 'LORD, where are You going?' Jesus replied, 'Where I Am going you cannot follow now, but you will follow later.' Peter asked, 'LORD, why can't I follow You now? I will lay down my life for you.' Then Jesus answered, 'Will you really lay down your life for Me? I tell you the truth, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.' "

Matthew 26:41 and Mark 14:38 tells us, "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. Watch and pray that you don't fall into temptation." We must be on guard every moment. I Peter 5:8 tells us, "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour." Stay in tune to the Holy Spirit's leading, guiding, and directing you in all you think, do, and say so that all the glory, honor, and praise, is given to our LORD GOD. Before creation, GOD already knows every fiber of your being. In Ephesians 1:4-5, He tells us, "For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In Love, He predestined us to be His adopted sons (and daughters) through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will." GOD is all-knowing of everything in the eternal past through the continuing future! "The LORD GOD omnipotent reigns." Revelation 19:6 


No comments: