Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thank you, Soraya!

Borrowed from Soraya's blog (the battle of the good faith,) a poem by Verna Thomas.


"I have a cross on my homepage. A simple reminder to me


Of the fact that I'm a Christian. No matter where I may be.

This little cross is not magic nor is it a good luck charm.

It isn't meant to protect me from any physical harm.

*

It's not identification. For all the world to see

It's simply an understanding between my Savior and me.

When I logon to my homepage for the new things to see

The cross is there to remind me the price He paid for me.

*

It reminds me too, to be thankful for my blessings day by day

And to strive to serve Him better in all I do and say.

It's also a daily reminder of the peace and comfort I share

With all who know my Master and give themselves to His care.


*

So, I keep a cross on my homepage reminding no one but me

That Jesus Christ is LORD of my life if only I'll let Him be."

3 comments:

Janet said...

Susan

I love it. What a beautiful poem. I have a cross at my computer here at work so I see it all day and I also have a cross in every room of my house no matter what room it is. I also see crosses in a lot of places I look. Sometimes it is the door or the floor.

Thank you for sharing.

How is Sam and how are you doing? I have been praying for you both and you have been in my thoughts.

Blessings & Love
Janet

Rita said...

Beautiful poem!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

That is a really neat poem.