Monday, February 27, 2012

When Life Becomes Eternal.






Back in 2004, I felt the LORD's leading when I was missing my mom who had passed away from stroke complications.


I care not for yesterday,

It is gone forever.

The gains are now but loss

And must need starting over.

*

What of today's survival?

It too shall soon be gone.

And, what have I accomplished,

Just another day alone.

*

I care not for tomorrow

Or what vanity it brings.

"All is vanity!" Solomon proclaims.

All of these earthly things."

*

Sometimes of things I think,

The beggar on the street

Has less burdens to carry

Than I and all I reap.

*

I only long for Thee, O LORD

And the Eternal Life You bring;

Away from all this vanity

The corruption by earthly things.

*

LORD, begin in me, right now, today

A well of strength, Your Living Water.

Set my eyes to that Eternal goal

And let my heart not waiver.

*

Then all this loss shall become gain

For you have said,

"I'll never leave you nor forsake you.

So, why all of this dread?

*

"I will lead you, walk in my ways.

I'll strengthen you all of your days.

Keep your eyes upon me

And you will I lead.

Then Eternally the Gates of Heaven

I will open unto thee."




By Susan Todd

July 12, 2004

7 comments:

♥ my diary♥ said...

THANK YOU FRIEND...I NEEDED THAT I DO..GOD NOWS WHAT WE GO THRUE IM NOT THAT MATURE IN CHRIST AS YOU BUT HAVE BEING TESTED IN MANY MANY WAYS..I KEEP HOLDING ON JESUS..I LOVE JESUS...HAVE A NICE DAY

Rita said...

The last words (phrases) are so beautiful and sensitive. My parents still live. They are Eighties. ( 80 Yet I know that they will die one day. Then they brought home by their Savior.

It seems very difficult/hard to lose your parents.

Your poem let that show.
But there is hope.
And amazing grace.

Big hug!

♥ my diary♥ said...

congratulations with your birthday passing by to wish you a very very blessed day with your christ family and others..take care ...loves soraya

sistersusiesays said...

Thank you, Soraya! I did have a wonderful time with my family!
Love to you and yours, Susan

Rita said...

Susie, I'd given you a Award. because I like your blog.
Big Hug.

Janet said...

Susan

Well Happy Belated Birthday. That is another thing that I have forgot this week. So far I had forgot my hair appt., my son in laws birthday and to make marvins car payment. YIKES.....I don't know why I can't get on the ball. Truthfully I am not spending as much time on the computer. BUT that is no reason.

So Happy Belated Birthday to you my sweet friend!


Blessings & Love
Janet

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Hon,
Boy, I can really hear the grief in that poem and it was good for you to write it down, things like that can be very cathartic. I am glad you
have found that life is still worth living because we have a living hope in Jesus, and as long as we are here we have a purpose, and things the Lord still wants to teach us, and ways he wants to use us. Life is hard at times, but hard times makes us stronger and closer to Him, and helps us to long for our real home in Heaven.
and one day when He is ready He will call us all home, meanwhile,
we are to keep moving forward in His amazing grace, and I am glad you are doing that...........

Have a good day!

Love ya hon,
Nellie