Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pet #1


I got Jerry when he was nothing but a little 2 inch fuzz ball. When he slept, he would sleep on his head because his head was so much bigger than his body!
My vet raised these beautiful African Grey
birds of which I just had to have one! This February 15th he will be 16 years old!
When I leave to go to work and he hears my keys gingle, he always says, "Mom's gotta go to work! Bye, bye!"
The LORD is so Good! His handiwork can be seen in the intelligence of His animals! Jerry is always the one I hear first in the mornings as the sun rises. His beautiful whistles are always done softly while his cage is still covered. Many times his first word in the mornings is "Gramma." He still remembers my mom even though she has now been with the LORD for 6 years. I can take him to her picture in the foyer and when he sees her he will flap his wings and say, "Gramma!" And at night, when it's time to go to roost, he will always give me "kissy night night" and wack his toys as I cover his cage followed by a laugh, "whoo, whoo, whoo!" I'm quite sure in my heart that the LORD has a place in Eternity for His beautiful creatures! I'm sure as the lamb shall lie down with the lion that it won't just be temporary, but forever. So be it, Amen.

1 comment:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi,
Nice pic of Jerry. I didn't know that he can
recognize Mom's pic, that is pretty neat.
Can't believe Mom has been with the Lord that Long! Wow, how the time does fly.
Oh yea, Check you first intro post cause I left another comment about the questions you had on that one.
Well, you have had your first post Congratulations!
Love ya, Nellie