Friday, September 7, 2012

From Pup to Senior Lady

Gracie was 3 months old when we got her from a friend. She was my mom's dog even though I claimed her too, ha!
 
She is Lhasas-Opsah with Poodle-terrier mix. She was such a cute looking little "mop!" LOL!
 

Because her hair grows so long so quickly, I have to have her groomed every 5-6 weeks. In the summer I have her groomed down to the shortest clip. In the winter it is one step up from the summer cut. On cool days I will put a sweater on her to go outside. Her pretty black ears are shown in this younger picture.

 
12 years later she is just as spunky as she was as a puppy! The only change is the gray hair, as in us all!

2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Susan,
Wow, I missed a bunch of posts, haven't been checking cause I thought you just weren't blogging anymore.

Cute pic of Gracie when she was younger, it is amazing how they turn gray too.......somehow you don't expect it cause they look and seem like puppies still at times. Rosie is starting to get gray on her mussle.

Just got your email about Ken, thanks for sending that, I hadn't heard. I feel so badly for his family, but he is in glory feeling like a million bucks.........
out of the turmoil of this world that is for sure....

Take care,
Love ya, Nellie

Janet said...

Susan

What a cute dog. I miss Max so much. I don't know how many times now that I have told you that.
Wish I was closer so we could visit in person. You are a very special person in my life.
Hope you are enjoying all your (free) time....

Love
Janet