Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Cute Little Cuddle Bird

Cuddles came to me by the LORD's guidance! I was on the Kindergarten playground with my class when one of the children called out! When I looked, this little bird was sitting on one of my student's shoulder! I went over and it immediately hopped onto my finger. I called all of the kids to line up and we went inside. I found a white paper sack and put him in it. We only had a few minutes before going home at the end of our day. As soon as they did. I called my vet to bring him by to be checked out. He was such a young bird, his feet were still transparent. The scales of his feet had not yet begun to form. My vet told me he was about 3 months old.  The picture below is when Cuddles was about 3 years old.
  

A hurricane had recently skirted our Florida coast with some high winds that caused the school system to close. It must have turned over somebody's outside aviary that housed him.

Cuddles is now 11 years old. He never really grew to the full size that most of your cockatiels grow. He talks a lot! Some of the things he says is: Cuddles is a pretty bird. Where's Cuddles? Peek-a-boo! Cuddles wants to go nite-nite. What ya doin'. (There's more.) He loves to get sprayed with warm water! He flaps his wings gibbering the hold time, ha! He will only eat his Harrison's small grain food. Occasionally he will eat some romaine lettuce or apple. But many times when I clothes pin it to his cage, he ignores it. He's a happy little bird. Many times throughout the day he starts his chattering and whistling which "wakes up" the other two parrots and gets them to start yakking and whistling. I praise our GOD for the beautiful animals He has given us! I'm assured in my heart they will be with us in GOD's Eternity to praise our Almighty GOD along with us!



1 comment:

Janet said...

Hi Susan

I wrote a comment yesterday but something happened when I went to post it.

I just love your bird story. I am sure God sent him your way. You are such a good mother.

I think I would love all the talking of the birds. Do they ever get too loud?

Hope you are enjoying your retirement and getting some rest.

Blessings & Love
Janet