Friday, September 14, 2012

Max the Maximillion

 
 I one day received in the mail a notice of a bird auction. It mentioned all kinds of birds! When I got to the large County owned warehouse, I couldn't believe the hundreds of birds! I started walking around when I finally came upon the macaws. They were in big flight cages where they could fly from one side to the other. I noticed on the label the number 2 had been "x'ed" out and replaced with 1 on the tag. When I approached, I said, "Hello!" He flew across the cage right up to me and replied, "Hello!" I knew right then, he was meant for me. I didn't follow the auction around to each cage and the bidding on them. I stayed in front of "Max's." When they finally made their way around to Max's cage, the bidding began. 
 
 


People were not bidding very high because of the "pair" of birds that were in most of the cages. Their bid would be doubled for the two birds. There were nesting boxes, so you couldn't see some of the birds. Most bids didn't go over $500.00 for being doubled to $1,000.00. My bid got to $800.00 and it stood at that with no other challenges. "Sold! That will be $1,600.00 please." To which I replied, "No! There's only one bird in this cage!" When they verified it, it didn't matter the protest by the other bidders! He had already said, "Sold!" I got my carrier. Then Max and I headed straight for my vet (which I had already set the appointment time!) I had already gotten Jerry from Dr. Miller.  He had been afraid I may have gotten more than I could handle. Max has proved to be quite the opposite! He said Max was really good parrot. Max let him turn him every which-away checking under his wings, around his tail, and in his mouth! Max got a clear bill of health. (Dr. Miller had taken him into another room to draw blood. When he came back with Max, Max acted as though nothing had happened.
*
He is so funny! When I pass by their room, he'll call out, "Hey, Baby!" To which Cuddle Bird replies, "What ya doin'?" I had gone in their room with their fruit one morning as I sang and danced in my nightgown. As I was singing, Max replied, "I don't wanna hear that!" LOL!  I've said that to him when I have gone in to see why he's been squawking. Usually it's because he sees a turtle outside crawling along the fence or someone on the back road at the back of my property. Just yesterday I was telling Max as I uncovered his cage from the night, "Jesus loves you. GOD created you just for me!" To which he replied, "I know!" HA! I have said that many times to him when he's been saying, "Max is a pretty bird!"
*
Parrots are just so amazing! You never know what they are going to come out with! Every day is a surprise.



No comments: