Friday, July 9, 2010

Hodge-Podge Saturday



Just after the 9/11 tragedy, a group
of the teachers from my school went
to support New York over the Martin
Luther King Holiday weekend.
Looking at Lady Liberty reminds me
of the many immigrants that came
to Ellis Island to get legal status
for being in America.



A once in a lifetime trip came to me
through my church. A trip to Israel.
In 1998 right at our Spring break
I went to Israel. What a moving
experience to walk where Christ
walked! Above is the wailing wall,
which one day will be the Glory
of our Lord's Return and all
made New for His 1,000 year
reign!



How unique to see these streets of bricks.
Even more so, how men would roll carts
of 100's of pounds up and down this
bumpy street to get their
goods to the market place to sell.



This is just one area where the Jordan
River passed by. Christians groups
have baptisms here, but at this time
of the year the water is very cold.


The Sea of Galilee is where we are. We
went out on one of their "Jesus Boats."
It was such an honor when the Jewish
men played our National anthem
while raising our flag next to their
Jewish flag.


This is the Beit She'an Ruins. The top of
the summit doesn't look to be far, but all
you need do is compare the height to the
people in the forefront! I made it to
the top after stopping to let the muscles
in my legs rest. When I got to the top,
the muscles in my legs were quivering!



Back behind me, you can see the Dead Sea.
Believe me, it looks anything but dead.
The blue color is bluer than the
Atlantic Ocean. The salt content is
so great, when some of our brave
team went in swimming, they floated
like a cork!!



The Garden of Gethsemane has a very
familiar "rooster" that comes right up
to you and poses. After taking his picture
he "cock-a-doodle-do" and went his
way!


After we observed the LORD's Supper,
we went to visit a tomb that was as the
one Christ arose from.
*
I couldn't believe 10 days had passed
so fast! After seeing a model of Jerusalem
as it was in the day of Christ, we left and
flew to London.


London Bridge was one of the sights we
saw. The weather was so cold, we mainly
had our tour from the bus. We did go to the
famous wax museum. I have a picture
of me with my "hero" John Wayne, but
I didn't like myself bundled up
looking like a balloon, ha!


What is going to England without getting

a picture of their famous red buses.

I have other places I have gone, but

I'll have to let that be for another

time. I can't find where I've put

the pictures!

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

HI Susan,
Thanks for your comments today. Love all your pics, don't remember ever seeing them before.
That was a great trip for you. I remember the one with the statue of liberty was right after Mom went to Debary manor and you were so concerned about going. Glad you went and had a good time. love the London Bridge pic, so neat!!
Hope you are having a good friday!!
We just came back from the laundromat, went to wash the comforter in Scotts old room.
We actually had a fun time at the laundromat,
we watched about 4 episodes of Raymond and they had Martha Stewart magazines, and there was hardly anyone there till just before we left, then we went and got a smoothie!! lol
See ya later hon,
Love ya, Nellie

Janet said...

Susie

Thanks for talk me on your walk through history. You have great pictures.

Thanks for all the prayers too and your kind thoughts.

Blessings & Hugs
Janet

chiefg said...

Nice pictures, the middle east is place full of rich history sounds like you had fun!, As for my pictures I just take them the parks are not teaming with people so its easy to get quiet shots of everything-especially on the rivers.
del