Saturday, September 25, 2010

Am I Cute or What!



"How do you like my shirt?"
Sarah started scratching, so I took her to
the vet. She had no fleas. Tom gave her a
shot to soothe the need to scratch.
*
A week later she had pulled out a quarter
size spot on her back. It was raw! I
thought it may be mange!!
*
Upon our return visit, Tom said she had
a "hot spot." He gave her another
shot to relieve the urge to scratch.
He told me to put a shirt on her to
prevent her from being able to lick it.
*
I went right to the pet store from the vet's.
The first shirt was too small even though
I had cut it in some places. So, I
went back and got her another. She
wasn't too happy with me putting
on the first shirt. I thought for sure
she was going to scratch me,
when I went to put on the 2 nd!
She did good. Her raw spot has
already cleared over and she doesn't
seem to mind the shirt on her now.
*
Below, Sarah is back to her routine of
looking out the back door.




2 comments:

Janet said...

Susie

What a cute shirt. Sarah looks like she has a fun personality. Our dog has a hot spot too. Hope she is doing better.

Blessings & Hugs
Janet

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Susan,
Love that pic of Sara with the shirt and looking out the back door with the curtains hanging over her!! hysterical!!
Yea, Molly gets hot spots too, you just wonder what causes that. Tom said it is allergies.
The shots worked with Molly. Molly would just pull her fur out, you would think that would hurt a lot, but guess not.... cause she will just rip it out, cause we have seen her do it. it's really ridiculous!!

Hope the shots help her too. Have never tried putting a shirt on Molly, I am sure she would love it............not!! lol

See ya tomorrow,
Love ya, Nellie