Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Words of Wisdom from the Book of Ruth

What a blessing to have family!

(Happy Father's Day, Jim!)




Ruth says, "Your daughter-in-law, who loves

you...is better to you than seven sons."

For me, I say "sister-in-law" can be

put into that sentence too,

"Your 'sister-in-law,' who loves you...

is better to you that seven sons!





What a testimony you and Jim have been to me.

Your trust in the LORD is so strong!

In my daily reading (Daily Bread 6/21/11)

John Piper says, "In all the setbacks of your

life as a believer, GOD is plotting for your JOY!"


2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi,
Just came over to check to see if you had posted
anything. What a sweet surprise! Thanks for your sweet words, and for your lovely card you gave Jimmy, it was funny, but the words you wrote were precious. So happy that we have been an encouragement to you hon, that means so much to us.
You are so right....in all our trials God has something good in it all, even when it doesn't look like it!!
Have a good day!
Love ya, Nellie

Janet said...

Hi Susan

I was so upset becasue I could not post on Tuesday. But I know what the problem is so I am back.

What a beautiful tritute to Nellie and Jim. It is so wonderful to have close family nearby and I know they love you dearly.

Susan you are part of my family to and I love you like a sister. That you for all the beautiful comments and encouragements. I believe God sent you to me for a reason and boy I bet he is so proud as our realtionship has grown through his word.

Hope you are enjoying your summer.

Blessings & Love
Janet