Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Passing of Time.

My oldest clock was my mom's that my brother had gotten her when he was stationed in Germany. It was 50 years old at that time (1970). The bevelled glass in front of the pendulum had gotten broken, so we just had a plain glass put in to replace it.



My uncle put this grandfather clock together from a kit. When he passed away, my mom inherited it. I had to disconnect the chimes due to the fact it kept me awake all night!
Some years ago, I started collecting clocks I saw in magazines I received. This next clock I use at Christmas. On the hour it plays the chorus of different Christmas songs.



Since I love animals, I couldn't pass this next clock that has different nursery rhymes with mewing kittens.



This is such a cute butterfly clock! On the hour it flaps its wings with a cute song.
You can't have a kitten clock without a
puppy clock! It also plays nursery
rhymes but with barks!
This next clock has the different calls
and whistles of birds. I really should
have it in the birds room, but they
have their own clock.

This is the clock in the bird's room, the
Looney Tunes characters! I haven't
had it working in awhile due to not
replacing the batteries. It works
today and Max (my macaw) has
been laughing up a storm every
time it plays, lol!
This is it again with a wall picture.

In the bathroom (which is tropical) I
have a butterfly clock. It has different
sounds you hear at the beach, in the
woods, forest, or meadows.

Last and most important,
I have a clock that
portrays the different times in Jesus'
life. It starts with His birth, goes
around to when He was speaking
in the Sanhedrin as a child, His
prayer for "This cup to pass, but not
my will" (this was when he "sweat"
the drops of blood), carrying the
cross, death on the cross, His
Resurrection and Ascension! On
the hour it has angels come out
from behind the center singing
the hallelujah chorus!


3 comments:

Janet said...

Hi Susan

I love clocks too. I am drawn to them for some reason. I really don't have that many. We bought a cuckoo clock when we were in Germany and then we have regular house clocks. I love your Jesus clock and the Butterfly clock the most. Oh I have a Christmas clock too that I put out at Christmas. I go crazy if I don't know what time it is unless I am on vacation and then it doesn't matter.

Thanks for the prayers for Sheila, I have not recieved an update today!

Blessings & Love
Janet

Bonnie said...

Hi Susie,

Finally I am getting around to my friends on the blogs. Honestly, what a wild and crazy time we have been having. Fun though. Just so you know we are home now but I am trying to catch up on what we did while we were away. Laura and family left for home on the 29th so I have been playing organizing lots and lots of photos, getting reorganized, etc.

Last night I took the opportunity to go back to your retirement and see what a nice party they threw for you, look at wedding photos, etc. You have so many clocks! Wow! Do they all chime in at once? If so your animals must be curius??

Like Janet I like clocks too. I am glad you are enjoying your summer break that will never end. Thinking about that use to make me nearly euphoric! Now it just seems so natural and the way life is supposed to be lived after so many years of working for "the man."

I am glad you are spending time with your neighbor and I am sure the retirement party will linger in your mind forever. Jim started year two on July 1st. It has been a great year.

So enjoy each day and find your groove. It takes awhile but it's there waiting for you to discover your new passions.

Love you and your new header~God bless!

Bonnie

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning,
Yea, you do like clocks!! I didn't realize you had quite that many. Have seen some and somehow missed they others. My favorite has always been the one uncle Ernest built. That is quite a feat to build a clock like that I would think, and he did a beautiful job.

Does Max imitate any of the looney tune characters??? That would be quite funny......

Well, see you later today,
Love ya, Nellie