Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cody and Katy




My neighbor put out traps to catch Ferrel cats.  These two babies came up onto my back patio. My vet says they are about five weeks old. Their eyes are still blue.





I guess their mom was one that got trapped! My first contact with them was frightening to them. After all, they probably had never seen a human! I just used a towel and placed it over one at a time when I picked them up.





I have a wire "playpen" sitting on a vinyl table clothe in a rectangle shape in my den by my low set windows. Believe it or not, they are using a litter pan (in a cardboard box lid at the end of the pen.) 





Next to the litter pan I have a rubber place mat that I put their food on along with their water. I have kitten food that I mix with kitty milk (from the vet.) They lap it up in seconds! So far they have been good to not knock over the water bowl. They will drink from it after a time of wrestling with one another! 




And of course after eating, using the litter pan and a romp with one another in the pen, they go right to sleep!




You can see about how little they are. They are now letting me hold and cuddle them without fear. The dogs are doing well to go up and look at them through the pen and go back and lay down. Sarah (my 14 year old cat acts like they aren't even here, ha! Sarah will lay in my lap and watch Cody and Katy play, then gets up and goes out of the den.

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Susan,
They really are cuties as are all kittens! Cute names too!

They seem to be enjoying their new home, course, what's not to enjoy!

Good the dogs and Sara leave them be.

I suspect that might be why your eyes are itching so badly.......

Great they are using the litter box already especially since they were outside kitties.

Have fun!
Love ya, Nellie

♥ my diary♥ said...

hi sweet friend...lovely kittens...have missed you..hope your home is all nice and done...blessings your way...soraya

Anonymous said...

Ah ... sweet kittens! I like their blue eyes. Very special!