Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sylvia's Little Maxx

 
Little Maxx just loved his bath of a fine mist of water! He was opening his wings to receive the warm water spray. I didn't realize until later that I had sprayed the picture of my neighbor friend and I when (for her birthday) we had some glamour shots! I asked her husband how he liked her glamour shot. His reply was, "I just wonder why I wasn't included!" She replied to him, "Because you aren't glamorous!" lol! (Whoops, got side lined, ha!)  
 


In the middle of the day, Sarah (my 15 year old cat) loves to lay on her window seat in the warmth of the sun. She has been around my birds for all of her life. She didn't take any notice of Maxx.



All the talking back and forth between Cuddles and Maxx throughout the day seems to "sing" Sarah to sleep!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Hi Susan

Is that how you give a bird a bath is by spraying them?

Maxx looks like quite a character. What a great name.

You cat looks so comfy too!

I was looking at Nellies BLOG and I was laughing so hard of the picture where you are holding Brooklyn and it looks she has your hair. She is so cute.

Have a good day!
Blessings & Love
Janet

sistersusiesays said...

Yes! I run water until it gets really warm and then fill the spray bottle. As you spray them the water cools as it mixes with the air. That way, the water want be cold. My macaw really likes it! He flaps his wings and lifts them for me to spray under his wings! Jerry (African Gray) takes his own bath in his water dish, so I don't spray him very often. It really helps for the "dust" from their feathers to not build up in the room! They love it and I do too, ha!
Susan