Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day one

Now that I have my photo album of my trip run off, I can begin sharing my 14 days of visiting 17 states!
*
Our first state we went through upon leaving Florida was Alabama.


I visited the first "White House" of the Confederacy with my friends Brenda and Alice.


It wasn't that big and didn't last that long!




It was hard to get pictures of all three of us together. We happened to have the worker closing the "White House" to take our 1st one! 

 
I will have many more places of history to share from the State of Alabama!


5 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Susan,
Wow, that is a lil white house, but bet it is pretty inside. Did you take any pics of the inside?? and it is pretty on the outside too.
Nice pic of you girls.....

Saw Alice and her friend yesterday at Sam's. Her friend seems like a lovely lady. Alice looks good too,
said she just had another treatment.
Really sweet of her friend to come here to help her out with going to treatments and all that.

Love ya, Nellie

sistersusiesays said...

No we didn't get to go inside as he had closed it up and was leaving for the day. We had the whole area outside to ourselves to all of the historical sites. Not a soul was around! Nice for sight seers, ha! Susan

Janet said...

Susan

It sounds like you had a great trip. I can't wait to see and hear all about it. I am glad you are back home and safe.

Blessings & Love
Janet

sistersusiesays said...

Thank you, Janet. I'm glad to be home and safe too! The LORD has blessed me in my ventures!

Bonnie said...

Wow that looks like a neat place. Nice to see you had some pictures of the three of you. I though it was just you and Alice. How fun to have another lady too. I have been to Alabama but just briefly when Laura and Robert lived in Mississippi. I do love the laid back quality of the south and some of the beautiful places. And that lovely southern hospitality is the best!