Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Jesus' Baptism


John 1:29, "The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, 'Look, the Lamb of GOD who takes away the sin of the world!' " Under the Old Testament covenant, innocent lambs were offered to GOD as a "temporary" sin covering (Leviticus 1:1-17:16). Jesus (GOD in the flesh) became the ultimate sin offering for mankind (Hebrews 7:27). While on the Cross, He paid the penalty for man's sins.

John 1:30, "This is the One I (John) meant when I said, ' A Man Who comes after me has surpassed me because He was before me." When Jesus' mother, Mary went to visit John's mother, Elizabeth, (while He and John were still in their mothers' wombs), John leaped for joy (Luke 1:42-45).

John 1:31, "...the reason I (John) came baptizing with water was that He might be revealed to Israel." John the Baptist had declared Jesus to be The Messiah upon Jesus' baptism when verse 32 occurs...

John 1:32, "John testified, ' I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove that remained on Him (Jesus).'  (Verse 33), John baptized with water, but He (GOD) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit. (Verse 34), I (John) have seen and I testify that He (Jesus) is the Son of GOD."  Here is the Presence of Two of the Three in the Godhead, Son and Holy Spirit (GOD the Father being the other.)

Read the Book, Bible! Open your heart to His leading. He will reveal His truths to you in your need for His salvation for you!  

No comments: