Thursday, June 8, 2017

Jesus is the True Vine


John 15:1-17, "I Am the true Vine and My Father is the Gardner. He cuts off every branch in Me that bears no fruit while every branch that does bear fruit, He prunes so that it will be more fruitful...I Am the Vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him he will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in Me, he is like a branch thrown away and withers. Such branches are picked up and thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in Me and My Words remain in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given you. This is to My Father's glory that you bear much fruit...If you obey My commands, you will remain in My Love...Love each other as I have Loved you. Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are My friends if you do what I command...You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in My Name. This is My command: Love each other." 

1. Bear fruit. What does that mean? Those who have the salvation of our LORD spread His good news of salvation that is eternal. We share that by our words about Jesus' salvation for mankind. We share that by how we live our lives for Christ. We share that by our joy of what He has promised in His Word; eternal life with our Awesome, Almighty, Creator, Savior, Holy Father GOD forevermore!
2. Accepting His "pruning" of our lives to be more like Him. This pruning includes ridding ourselves of sinful habits we had before we came to His salvation; lying, gossiping, drunkenness, sexual immorality, stealing, killing...sin. You may say, I don't do any of these. His Word tells us, "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of GOD." (Romans 3:23) As we are "pruned" we become more like Jesus to carry on His Word of salvation.
3. Jesus chooses us. (Verse 16, "You did not choose Me, but I have chosen you.") Ephesians 1:4-5 shares, "For He chose us  in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In Love He predestined us to be adopted as His sons (and daughters) through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will." Have you realized your salvation in Jesus Christ? His gift of eternal life comes by you realizing you are a sinner and can do nothing by yourself to change that. Let Christ change it for you by accepting Him paying your penalty of sin upon the cross. He has already done it and all you need do is come to Him in repentance and His Holy Spirit will verify to you your salvation in Him. Hallelujah!

No comments: