Sunday, September 17, 2017

A Giant Fish Follows GOD's Command


Jonah 1:17 - 2:10, "The LORD provided a giant fish to swallow Jonah and Jonah was inside the fish for three days and three nights."

It is not known whether the people of Jonah's day knew the difference of labeling fish, mammals (such as whales) or just called everything in the ocean fish. But, Jonah was indeed inside a large ocean creature that GOD commanded to swallow Jonah. 


"From inside the fish, Jonah prayed to the LORD his GOD. He said, 'In my distress I called to the LORD and He answered me...You hurled me into the deep, in the very heart of the seas and the currents swirled about me and I said I have been banished from Your sight. Yet, I look to Your Holy Temple. The water threatened and engulfed me. Seaweed was wrapped around my head. But you brought my life up from the pit, O GOD my LORD. You remembered me, LORD.  My prayer rose to Your Holy Temple...What I have vowed (to You), I make good. Salvation comes from the LORD.

"The LORD commanded the fish and it vomited Jonah onto dry land."


I don't know about you, but I think it is much easier and more blessed to do what GOD wants you to do than to chance an experience that goes beyond our comprehension!

The GOD of Creation uses another one of His creatures from the animal kingdom to do His will. This animal was the cause for Jonah's preaching to the city of Nineveh which brought the city to turn from their evil ways. GOD had compassion on them and did not destroy them. (Jonah 3:10)

Have you felt in your heart when you do something that you know you shouldn't be doing? The Holy Spirit moves our spirit to realize right from wrong. When one dismisses GOD's Spiritual leading, it may cause Him to do something drastic that will cause us to realize His bidding. As did Jonah, He refused to preach the Word of GOD to Nineveh and the consequences were Jonah's experience with the giant fish! If the LORD will be this direct with one of His called out people, what will he do to those who reject Him. If not here in the now, it will be before His Great White Throne Judgment for those refusing His free gift of salvation. (Revelation 20:11-12) For those who belong to Him it will be before The Judgment Seat of Christ where believers and followers of Christ are rewarded for their faithfulness or lose rewards for their disobedience.  (Romans 14:10-12, I Corinthians 3:13-15) Choose your salvation in Christ, for this life is but the blink of an eye compared to all eternity which is forever! Choose this day Whom you will serve.  

No comments: