Sunday, October 1, 2017

Sheep Know Their Shepherd


A flock of sheep will follow their shepherd. He leads them and they follow him. If he turns to the left, they will turn to the left. If he stops they will stop. 


Sheep trust their shepherd because he leads them to food and water. He protects them from the dangers around them.


The sheep knows his voice and will follow him and not those they are not familiar with.


Jesus said of His followers in John 10:27-30, "My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of My hand. My Father, Who has given them to Me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of My Father's hand. I and the Father are One." Those who have accepted Jesus' salvation (by Him taking our sins upon Himself while on the Cross) belong to Him and no one can take that away from us. Even in death we are transported to be in His very Presence forevermore!

While upon this present earth, we follow His teaching to become closer to His will for our lives. Jesus is spoken of many times as being the Shepherd of His flock, the Church.  By His Holy Spirit in us He leads, directs, and guides ours lives in what we think, do and say to be to His glory, honor, and praise. "It will be worth it all when we see Jesus!" You can know Him too! Humble your heart, ask Him to forgive you of your sins, and invite Him to come into your heart. HE WILL! 

"Jesus Loves you this I know, for the Bible tells me so." In the arms of Jesus we are protected, provided for, and His promises are true!



No comments: