Sunday, February 21, 2010

For the Love of God: Part 3



Growing up in an area that had a small
population, most of the kids I went to
Elementary School with, I went to Jr.
and Sr. High School with also. The
sad thing is there was only 1 other
student that went to my church, and
it just so happened that he and I
didn't have much to do with one
another. It was at this time the LORD
moved in my life to share my salvation
of knowing Him and accepting His
Free Gift of Salvation. Soon
afterward I was Baptised into the
Family of God. Another forever lasting
change came into my life. I felt like a
new person. A joy I couldn't explain
had filled my life and I was telling
everyone I came into contact with about
this Joy of Knowing my Creator!



I had friends I hadn't seen in a while coming
up to me saying I had changed and they
seemed to be confused as to what that
change was. I would tell them it was
because I had become a Christian and
the LORD had saved me from my sin.
It would be at this point that they
would look at me as if I were crazy
and would not listen when I tried to
explain what "that change" in my
life was. I didn't know what I was
coming up against in the next few
years. Girls I had run around with
all of my life were now in a mocking
way calling me, "Rev. Susie." As I
look back on it, it is a shame they
wouldn't listen to the message I
shared with them. I felt the LORD
leading me away from them. I
had planted "the seed" and could
only pray the LORD would one day
lead them to Him. In my 11th
grade year, I started working at a
"10 cent" store in order to get a
car. My "friends" and I saw little of
one another in the next two years
as the LORD led me into another
direction. Some of my previous friends
were gone a year or so to which I found
out later, they had gotten pregnant. The
LORD began to lead me into a direction
of teaching. I had always played school
with the other children in the neighborhood
when I was in elementary school and I was
always the teacher. Now in my church which,
had a about 110 people, I was teaching four,
4-5 year olds about Jesus during the
evening services. I guess it was like baby
sitting, but I had them "in school."
Even though I was among Christian family
I had become a loner with no one else
my age in such a small church. The Lord was
shaping my life that would take me down
a path that I have no regrets when looking
back upon it. His Hand was directing
my every step.
*
More to come...

1 comment:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Susan,
That is such a cute pic of you. I don't remember ever seeing it before. How old were you in that pic?? I also didn't know you used to teach 4-5 yr. olds in Sunday school, course, guess that was before I was in the picture!!
Another Good Post hon,
Hope you have a good day. Guess it is gonna
cool down again come Wed. evening. up until next Tuesday according to the weather report last night.
Love ya, Nellie