Monday, February 15, 2010

For the Love of God



It's a shame that this phrase many times is used in the
negative. However, as a Christian, I have great excitement
with the Holy Spirit's indwelling that opens my heart and
mind to God's Love. He stirs me to want more of my
Awesome Holy Almighty Creator Savior God!

Those who do not personally know Jesus, have no idea
what Christians are talking about. That's the wonder of
God when I look back on my life. It's only in coming to the
Saving Grace of Christ that reveals Himself personally to
you. What an awesome relationship that faith in the only
Living God can bring to your life! As I grow in His Word,
the more He reveals His Truths. The more I grow in my
LORD, the less I'm interested in the ways of the world.
What becomes important is the Love of God in our
families, friends, and those we bring to Christ's
Saving Grace!





My earliest rememberance of the Lord in my
life was when I was four years old. I had been
playing with friends when they were called in
to eat lunch. I was supposed to have gone home,
but didn't. There was a metal Navy foot locker
we kids had been playing with and I decided to
climb in shutting the lid over me. In doing so,
the tongue fell over the slot locking me inside.
I couldn't get out! It was getting hot due to the
foot locker being in the direct summer sunlight.
After crying out, kicking, and pounding, the heat
turned my body into a saturated "ragdoll." I
began to get sleepy as it became harder to breath.
I remember a calmnest coming over me as I began
to pray to Jesus. The miracle is what happened
next! The mom and her children had been sitting
at the table beside the AC window unit. She says
she had a sudden feeling to check to make sure I
had gone home. When she opened the trailor door,
the first thing in her sight was...the foot locker.

I can't describe the cool/reviving breath of life that
came into me when she opened the lid! The prayers
of a four year old were answered through the moving
of God's Holy Spirit upon a caring mom.

More to Come...

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi susie,
No, that seasoning doesn't make the soup tart, just flavorful. Dee came to get Rosie and had some, and I gave her a seasoning packet and some rice so she could make some, cause she really liked it. I love that it is so quick
and tasty. Jim is taking some for lunch tomorrow. We had another Valentine dinner tonight since we had leftovers from yesterday, and Becky had given me some sparkling grapejuice for christmas that I had saved for Valentines day, then forgot about it, so we had it tonight, It is delicious,
I had it before but it was a long time ago,
so couldn't really remembe what it tasted like.
Loved your post, I have heard that story before of course, but it is always neat everytime I hear it. So glad the Lord answers the prayers of 4 yr olds or we would not have you!! and Mom, Dad and Jimmy would have had broken hearts for sure!! And me and the kids would have never known you!
This is a good post can't wait for the next one.
Have a great day tomorrow,
Love ya, Nellie

Janet said...

Hi Susie

Great story. I thank God that your prayers were answered and you were found alive. It is amazing at 4 years old you were able to stay calm and pray.
Have a good day!
Blessings janet

Bonnie said...

Susie, I am Bonnie and I am a friend of Nellie's. She told me about your blog and I am so glad I stopped by. What a beautiful testimony of prayer from a four-year-old! It is amazing how when you have a spiritual experience it is seared into your heart forever.

I hope you will enjoy blogging, it is such a wonderful way to accomplish so many things at once. I absolutely love it and can't go a day without writing something! I'm glad Nellie introduced us!

Hugs, Bonnie