Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Rosy Day



My roses were much more beautiful before the
rains came! They were soaked when I took these
pictures! It is amazing the color change from
the bud to the last petal that falls.



The bud as it pushes out of its green wrapper is a reddish
orange. It then turns to orange, followed by pink,
and then turns to white before the petals fall.




The flowers last a long time from bud to the last
white petal, usually three weeks! Right now
many of the green leaves have dropped off
due to the freezes we had. The bush is under
the roof's overhang and next to the house.
I guess the warmth from the cbs blocks of
my house kept some warmth to the bush.





I hate to cut it back, but I will need to, so this
summer will have a full bush. The new growth
is already starting to come from the stems. I
hate to cut it back. I may have waited to long .




The pictures really don't give the true range of the
colors each rose goes through. I tried to find a
brand new bud, but there were none at that stage.
I tried to find one that was white as the petals
began to fall, but I couldn't find one at that
stage either. This summer there will be more
I can get pictures of.
*
As I look at the beauty of these flowers, it reminds
me of the scripture that speaks of Christ being the
Rose of Sharon. The beauty of what He did for us
in the giving of His life by taking all of our sin upon
Himself so that we may be presented whole to
God the Father. That sacrafice He made brings
about a response of each person to chose to
accept His Gift of Eternal Salvation or reject it.
Each person will stand before God and will
Confess Jesus is the Christ as well as give an
account of this acceptance or rejection.
There will be no excuse!
*
I praise the LORD that He has saved me and
I know it! I pray you have made the choice to
choose His Righteousness and not your own.

4 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Susan,
Oh I love love love those roses, they are some of the prettiest I have ever seen. Really!
The ways the colors change have always just amazed me. They are so neat!
My knock out roses are blooming and I cut them back some, but it was full of new rose buds so I didn't have the heart to cut them off, but in a week or so after they bloom I will cut it back more. Everything else is so dead over there, they are the only bright spot, so just left them alone.
Yes, Jesus is truly the Rose of Sharon.
Did you know there is actually a bush called rose of sharon and has beautiful purple flowers on it. Miss Ruthie used to have a few. I never knew that before I saw hers.
Have a great day tomorrow hon,
Love ya, Nellie

Janet said...

Hi Susie

Sorry for the late comment. I have been out of commisison with my sinuses.

I love your roses. Yellow, Peach and white have always been my favorite. I still have a yellow rose bush in the front and some red hedge bushes in the back.

Thank you for the beautiful post and I hope you are well.

Blessings & Hugs Janet

Bonnie said...

Your roses are so pretty. I am just so partial to that beautiful orangey color. I have a friend whose hubby is a rose gardener and he has over 200 varieties of roses. They are amazing when in bloom and a lot of work but he loves them. Can't wait to see the summer photos.

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.