Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Can't Come Soon Enough



What beautiful flowers a teacher friend and her
daughter at school gave to me on my birthday! I
was so surprised! The children in my class asked
her what they were for. When she told them,
they sang "Happy Birthday" to me. It was so
precious, I almost started to cry. I now see
why it is so important for husbands to
give their wives flowers. These beautiful
flora are truly a gift from God to all of us! I
am so happy when I see the beautiful
flowers Jim gives to Nellie! What love
is expressed in so simple a gift!



I think I just may start buying myself a
bundle when these slowly fade away.
I can't believe how uplifting such
beauty can be. Our LORD surely
knew what He was doing when He
created the beautiful plants in this
world. I guess that should make
me be more appreciative when
I need to start taking care of my
plants in the yard! With the cold
we had this year, I have much work
to do this spring in cutting back
the dead growth! Last year my hibiscus
was so big that many hummingbirds
were all about the flowers. Sad to say the
freeze got it and I will have to cut it back to
start the growth over again. So I'll not have
the wonderful little birds this year. My rose
bush made it through the cold. It has had
beautiful roses even during the freezes we had!
I will put some pictures of them on my next blog.
Until then, I hope your Spring is near too!

1 comment:

Janet said...

What a precious surprise. The flowers are beautiful. It is amazing how much flowers do cheer you up and make you happy.

Blessing & Hugs Janet