Monday, November 14, 2011

Answered Prayers...



Praise the LORD! The baby feral cats are okay. My last blog on them had to do with a falcon grasping one, but due to the "pride" springing (literally) into action, the hawk dropped the baby. I hadn't seen them after that for about 5 days! I thought surely the others had been snatched by this bird of prey!

*

We had a few nights in the low 50's and upper 40's, so I guess Mamacat had them safely in a "den" of warmth somewhere! The trees limbs hang low around the trunk and it's like a brier patch to get into its undergrowth! The falcon has not been back.

*

It is so great to see them running and stalking one another in play, tumbling over one another like there's not a care in the world. There is always larger cats around them (babysitting) when Mamacat is not present! What a sight to watch a mini version of a "pride of lions!"

3 comments:

Janet said...

Susan

On my goodness I am happy that cats are okay. I just love cats. My Khloe is so playful.

Hope you are doing well and enjoying your retirement.

I love you an your family my friend!

Have a great week!
Love
Janet

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

So glad the lil kitties were all fine.
Hate to think of some predator getting them.

Just realized I didn't call you back, sorry,
hope the info I left helped you figure out how to add that feature, course, don't see it.... so guess not!~! lol
Maybe I will try to call now.


Love ya, Nellie

Bonnie said...

So glad they survived! Good news!

Love Bon