Thursday, November 10, 2011

Let Me Try This Again!

First try. Left out the cup of pumpkin! It is a little flat. It still tasted good, only like spice pound cake. (I could have let it bake a little longer too! It was a little on the heavy side!



Second try! Yeah, that looks much better. (Tastes better too, even though I didn't have any pumpkin.) I substituted unsweetened sweet potatoes, if that makes sense, ha! When I told my neighbor friend, Alice about my baking, she asked, "Where's mine!" (She's always cooking and baking, sharing her specialties with me!)




I told her I had to do it again because of the mistake! So, the second time around, Alice got her delicious "Gramma Jo's 'Pumpkin' spice cake." (Even though it was with the sweet potatoes.) I gave her the one on the left! I'm just about ready to make some more, but this time using the PUMPKIN!

*

1st time, no pumpkin.

2nd time no pumpkin, sweet potato substitute.

Third time's the charm! I'll let you know!

1 comment:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hey just as long as it tastes good, who cares,
so you have had a nice variety, spice bread,
sweet potato bread and soon pumpkin....
will keep you from getting tired of any particular
one!! lol

Bet Alice enjoyed it too!
We have been eating Sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie. Sams sells some awesome ones, so we get them and just don't eat the crust, since that is where the hydrogenated oils are........lol

Love ya, Nellie