Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Loss of My Sammy Dog



What a beautiful little puppy of 8 weeks old. I rescued him from the local humane society.




He always wanted to play with my pillows!



You couldn't eat anything unless Sam was there to get a bite of your tasty treat!
 
 

He trained so easily to his crate. I don't know how he could maneuver with all of the stuff he would drag into it!


I like being in this dog's house!


 
He didn't like the "Gentle Leader" leash at first, but soon grew to not give it any mind. He's trying to hide it in this picture, ha!
 
 

The joy of your dog awaiting your return can't be matched. He's always watching, waiting, and joyful when you come through the door! Woman's best friend never holds any grudges!




The later years of life for dog as well as man brings about the decrepit pain of the joints and misalignment of the bones. But, my Sammy gave it all it was worth to get up and move about until the end.



The aging of life soon brings one to sleep most of the time in life's natural relief for pain. I had him on joint meds, but it soon was to no avail.


My loving sweet Sammy soon gave up on life. For several days I had realized Dolly (my shepherd, chow, pit bull mix) had been laying back to back with Sam throughout the day for giving her "fellow" dog comfort. He hadn't eaten for several days, not even from the palm of my hand.
*
The next morning he just could no longer stand up. He had no strength and mostly, no more will. I was able to lift him onto his sleeping mat. I called Nellie in tears and anguish to see if Jim had left to work yet. He hadn't. So, he came down and helped me put Sam into the backseat of my truck.
*
I cried all the way over to my vet of 28 years. Tom had always been there for me. It was 7:45 A.M. The office staff I have known for years were there to help me.  Sammy whined. I took it as him knowing he wasn't going to go back home with me. Tom stepped in and checked Sam out. Through my tears, I told him how drastic Sam's health had gone down in the past several days. Tom raised the table to my level of sitting in the chair next to Sam's laying on the table. I wrapped my arms around my buddy dog as I told him how much I loved him. Tom had walked out and came back in. I could tell his eyes had swelled with tears. I laid my head in Sam's back as Tom gave him a shot of Valium. Sammy laid his head across my arm as I encased him within my hug, placing my face into his furry back. He let a sigh of relief as Tom gave him the shot which would stop his heart. All I could do was cry as I felt the weight of Sam's head fall heavier onto my arm in death. I kissed the top of his head saying, "I'll see you on the other side, Sammy."
*
In the book of Romans chapter 8:19-27 speaks of GOD's Creation and the future glory of all of that creation, "The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of GOD to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it in hope that THE CREATION ITSELF WILL BE LIBERATED FROM ITS BONDAGE OF DECAY AND BROUGHT INTO THE GLORIOUS FREEDOM OF THE CHILDREN OF GOD!"
*
We will see our animals again for our Christ and GOD have created them all to give Him glory.
*
So, Sammy, I will see you again! As in the Rainbow poem for animals, you are awaiting me to cross over that bridge and enter into our Creator GOD's heaven together! Praise be to our Awesome, Almighty, Creator, Savior, Holy Father GOD!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Susan

What a beautiful testimony to your love of Sammy. Your post made me cry.
You have taught me that we will see our pets in Heaven one day and that will be a joyful moment.
My heart cries for you while you mourn your sweet Sammy.

Blessings & Love
Janet