Monday, December 31, 2012

Spinach Delight

Sorry, I have no picture!
This is delicious! Yes, spinach can be yummy!

Ingredients:
2 boxes frozen spinach
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
1 c. Bisquick
1/2 c. canola oil
2 eggs (you can put 3,4 for quiche effect)
1/2 onion (more or less to taste)
2/3 to 3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Rinse and mash out all of the liquid in spinach.
Hand mix ingredients well! Spoon into mini- cupcake pans (or you can pour it into a pie pan. I spray the pan with Pam before putting in the batter.

Variations can be done with your choice of shredded cheeses, slivered almonds.

Bake in 350 degree pre-heated oven. Mini- cupcake pans 25-30 minutes, pie pan 35-40 minutes. Let your nose be a timer too, ha! When you begin to smell it, check it! I place the little cakes on a cooling rack for a few minutes to let them get crunchy. You can also refrigerate and eat them cold! Enjoy!

Recipe was given to me by a dear teacher friend, Regina!

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Susan,
Was gonna ask you for that recipe as those are so good. Now I don't need to.........lol

I love things that are so simple to make yet so tasty.

Hope you are having a good day hon,
Love ya, Nellie

Bonnie said...

Susan, this looks yummy! Will give it a try and report back one of these days. It makes me feel like I need to wander out to the kitchen and check for something tasty! Thanks for sharing it. Love, Bonnie

I cannot believe you guys had 72 this morning! That is great. It was 28 here and my pen sitting near my office window had frozen ink in it. That has never happened before. :-/ B

Janet said...

Hi Susan

This receipe looks yummy so I will have to try it.
You are in thoughts alot. Wished we lived closer so we could meet.

Blessings & Love
Janet