Thursday, December 29, 2016

Jesus Warns of Coming Judgment



John 8:21, 23-30, "Once more Jesus said to them (the Pharisees), 'I Am going away and you will look for Me, and you will die in your sin. Where I go you cannot come. You are from below, I Am from above. You are of this world; I Am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins if you do not believe that I Am the One I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins. I have much to say in judgment of you. But He Who sent Me is reliable and what I have heard from Him I tell the world. When you have lifted up the Son of Man (on the Cross) then you will know that I Am the One I claim to be and I do nothing on My own but speak just what the Father has taught Me. The One Who sent Me is with Me, He has not left Me alone for I always do what pleases Him.' Even as He spoke many believed in Him."

Revelation 20:11-15 The Dead Are Judged, "Then I saw a great white throne and Him (Jesus) Who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from His presence and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne and the books were opened. Another Book was opened which is the Book of Life. The dead were judged according to what they had done recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and hell gave up the dead that were in them and each (person) was judged according to what he (she) had done. Then (they), death, and hell were throne into the Lake of Fire. The Lake of Fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the Book of Life, he (she) was thrown into the Lake of Fire." 

"Death" is not a "going out of existence." It is a transferring from one place to another.  In Luke 16:22-31, Jesus tells of the lost rich man in hell, "The time came when the beggar died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The (lost) rich man also died and was buried. In Hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham and Lazarus far away. The rich man called out, 'Abraham have pity on me and let Lazarus dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue because I am in agony in this fire.' Abraham replied, '...you received your good things in your lifetime while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted and you are in agony. Besides, between us and you a great chasm is fixed so no one can cross." The man in agony continued to request:  "I beg you, send Lazarus
to my five brothers, warn them so that they will not also come to this place of torment.' Abraham replied to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.'" Christ rose from the dead after He took upon Him the sins of mankind, yet the majority of today's world population refuse to believe His free gift of salvation for them if they only repent of their sins. Is your name written in the Book of Life or in the books? Are you saved to stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ to receive your reward in eternity with Him? Or, are you not saved and will stand before the Great White Throne Judgment where Christ will judge you for eternal punishment and cast you into the Lake of Fire that burns with brimstone and in the outer darkness of this fire you will be weeping and gnashing your teeth forevermore in agony! (Matthew 8:12, 13:42, 22:13, 24:51, 25:30, Luke 13:28)

If you don't have salvation in Jesus Christ, begin this New Year knowing your Savior by asking Him with a heartfelt attitude to forgive you of your sins. When you do, the Holy Spirit will enter you and confirm your salvation in our Awesome, Almighty, Creator, Savior, Holy Father GOD! What joy beyond your comprehension is awaiting you!

No comments: