Thursday, January 12, 2017

Jesus States He Is Eternal



John 8:48-59, "The Jews answered Him, 'Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon possessed?' Jesus said, 'I Am not possessed by a demon, but I honor My Father and you dishonor Me. I Am not seeking glory for Myself, but there is One Who seeks it and He is the Judge. I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps My Word, he will never see death.' At this the Jews exclaimed, 'Now we know that you are demon possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that if anyone keeps your word, he will never taste death. Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are!' Jesus replied, 'If I glorify Myself, My glory means nothing. My Father whom you claim to be your GOD is the One Who glorifies Me. Though you do not know Him, I know Him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know Him and keep His Word. Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing My day, he saw it and was glad.' The Jews said to Him, 'You are not yet fifty years old and You have seen Abraham!' Jesus answered, 'I tell you the truth, before Abraham was, I Am!' At this they picked up stones to stone Him, but Jesus hid Himself, slipping away from the temple grounds."

Jesus is GOD in the flesh. He is the Creator of all things. He rose from the dead. (Matthew 28:6, Mark 16:6, Luke 24:6, John 20:13-14)

Those that are in Christ will not see death for to be absent from the body (physical death) we are present with the LORD. (2 Corinthians 5:6-8) If you do not know the LORD you will be absent from your body (physical death), but you will be in Hades awaiting judgment. Death is not a going out of existence, only a temporary separation until judgment; Christians at the Judgment Seat of Christ will be for receiving rewards. Unbelievers will be at the Great White Throne Judgment for eternal punishment in the Lake of Fire. "NOW is the time for you to accept the LORD as your Savior." (2 Corinthians 6:2) Let the Almighty Joy of our Creator GOD fill your soul!

No comments: